FAFSA Night @ BHS
Where: BHS Library
When: Wednesday October 19th, 4:00-8:00 PM
Who: Class of 2023 & Parents
Please join the BHS Counselors for a FAFSA Night on Wednesday, October 19th! This event is an opportunity for all senior students, and their parents, to receive help filling out the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Buhl High School staff, and local college admissions counselors, will be available to answer any questions related to the FAFSA, and to help guide students and parents through the process of completing the FAFSA.
What to Bring:
-2021 Tax Return for both parents and students
-2021 W2s for both parents and students
-Legal identification (driver’s license, passport, military id, etc.)
-FSA ID and password**
**Students and parents will each need their own FSA ID in order to complete the FAFSA application. If you have not yet created an FSA ID, please see the instructions for creating one on the back side of this paper. Upon completing your FSA ID, we strongly recommend that you keep it stored in a secure location. Both student and parent FSA IDs will be required each year at the time of FAFSA renewal.
We hope to see you at the BHS Library!
Jenna DeKruyf Fernando Valdez
Buhl High School Counselor Buhl College and Career Counselor
(208) 543-8262 ext. 205 (208)543-8262 ext. 204
How to create a FSA ID
The FSA ID (Federal Student Aid ID) is a username and password you create to access the FAFSA and federal student loan websites. It will also serve as your signature for the FAFSA and federal student loans.
Follow these steps to get your FSA ID. If you’re a dependent student, you and a parent will each need one.
1. Go to https://studentaid.gov/fsa-id/create-account before you start your FAFSA.
• Provide your email address and create a username and password. Print this page. Both you and a parent will need active email accounts. Don’t use a high school email account.
2. Enter personal information.
• Name, Social Security number, date of birth
• Mailing address, email address, mobile phone number
3. Answer challenge questions. Select answers that are easy to remember and won’t change over time.
4. Submit your FSA ID information and verify your email address and mobile phone number with the assigned security code.